Franck@ wrote:
> I continue to be very sad after Logitech's decision to stop selling the
> Harmony remote.
>
> I quickly looked at the One For All site, but I'm afraid it might not be
> a real alternative. Unless I'm mistaken, there are no remote controls
> with screens.
>
> Nothing better than the screen to make the use simple. When we read
> "subtitles" on the screen, we know that we will for example activate /
> deactivate the subtitles on a multimedia player. It is much much better
> than remembering which remote control button has been assigned which
> function (with an unrelated name).

Yes, I think you are right, and the One For All may have been a mistake
for the reasons you give. Unfortunately it came in one of those plastic
containers that have to be destroyed to get into them, so I can't return
it.

But it only cost a few pounds, so no great problem.

The Harmony strikes me as too expensive to make sense. Having a bunch of
remotes to use rather than just one is annoying but I find it hard to
justify the cost of a Harmony for myself, and wonder why anyone would
pay that much.