YHS1979 wrote:
> Thanks for the replies.
>
> It looks like I'm running Perl Version: 5.20.2 -
> arm-linux-gnueabi-thread-multi-64int
>
> I guess the Raspberry Pi option could be more straightforward - and has
> certainly been on my radar for a while but I think I'd like to try to
> stick with the ReadyNAS if possible - it's served me well thus far I've
> never even touched a Pi before... (As an aside, if I went down this
> route, would it sort of piggyback on the existing NAS or would I have to
> copy my music over to something else?)

I can appreciate that, if you are comfortable tinkering with your NAS
you can always try that first.

You wont really do anything pi-ish. The process (in broad and possibly
missing strokes) is, download and write pCP to sd card, insert sd card
in pi and connect network and power, get IP-address for pCP (screen or
through your router) and connect with browser, expand filesystem,
reboot, install LMS (possible reboot), mount share with music, connect
to LMS (same IP as pCP but port 9000, configure LMS, done!