It's still a long time out.

Also MSFT tends to offer backwards compatibility for apps designed for a
previous OS version, which gives one even more time to migrate.

I am a big Linux enthusiast (mostly Ubuntu), but have always had a
Windows PC because in the end it is a good corporation friendly
workhorse and I have a tons of productivity apps running on it (although
these days I tend to run a few virtual environments on VMware
Workstation). That said, I am not sure whether in 2025 that'll still be
the case.

As far as the LMS environment goes, I guess we'll have to wait and see,
but while the boxes run one can always use an old laptop to run Ubuntu
20.04 for like... forever and the current LMS version will run on it for
like forever, at least for your own library. Streaming app support may
eventually be another matter, that's the only possible weak link as the
world keeps moving... but we seem to be doing fine thus far thanks to an
awesome community.

...pablo
Server: Win10 and LMS 8.1.0
System: SB Touch --optical->- Benchmark DAC2HGC --AnalysisPlus Oval
Copper XLR->- NAD M22 Power Amp --AnalysisPlus Black Mesh Oval->- KEF
Reference 1
Other Rooms: 2x SB Boom; 1x SB Radio; 1x SB Classic-> NAD D7050 -> Totem
DreamCatcher + Velodyne Minivee Sub
Computer audio: workstation --USB->- audioengine D1 -> Grado RS1/Shure
1540