typhoe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is it possible for LMS to be used to allow a DLNA player to receive a
> stream using google cast protocol?
>
> Ex:
> + I use an app that only allow to stream to google cast compatible
> devices
> + I have a device with only DLNA renderer capabilities
>
> What I would like to do:
> Random app or device allowing only to stream to google cast compatible
> devices
> ->
> LMS (used to present our DLNA player as able to receive the googlecast
> stream)
> ->
> DLNA renderer device
>
> So far, I can use LMS to play to my DLNA device (using UPNP/DLNA bridge)
> but don't know how (or if it's really possible) to present LMS as a
> google cast compatible device?
>
> Thank you!

It is not possible due to the way CC device work.

Basically, a "receiver'" application (JS/HTML), signed by Google, must
be loaded inside the CC and then is ran from there. This is typically
the way 3rd parties secure their content delivery. For example, Netflix
would have their own auth (and more) verified and authenticated app
loaded inside your CC and that's what communicates with their servers to
grab the content. Spotify probably does the same.

There is a "default receiver" that you can load and I'm using in
CastBridge but if you create a CC emulator, all you'd be able to emulate
is that default receiver and that's not much. As soon as you're being
asked to load the Spotify application (for example), this would fail. So
that's mostly a dead end and this is the reason why I've never tried to
do that

LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - *SqueezeAMP!*, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch,
1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW,
2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi,  Yamaha
WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3