Heheh... I think you should recognize QWERTZ from your own keyboard?
It's German layout.

What I wanted to say is that you can't have a non-French keyboard while using French as the application's locale. Whether this is English or German doesn't really matter, does it?

In theory it should be possible to select both of them independent from

What theory? This is not physics, but some logic decision which was taken many years ago. And it's rather simplistic: use the application's language setting string (FR, DE, EN, ...), append it to the 'qwerty_' prefix and see whether that keyboard is defined. There aren't many, I think it's basically qwerty, qwertz, azerty. And the latter would be chose if jivelite's language was French.

https://github.com/ralph-irving/jivelite/blob/a1307c523a7f70e28ecde3a1e238132b23323a77/share/jive/jive/ui/Keyboard.lua#L474