Thanks for those who talked about their experiences. Answering my own
questions for Tidal based on a few days use:

>  - Quality/format/bitrate supported by various plans/price points.

Tidal HiFi (not HiFi plus) appears to get me FLAC at CD quality, which
is good enough for me. I have no opinion on MQA.

> - Access to personalization features of the service (generated
> "discover" playlists, etc.).

Works. The generated "My Mixes" playlists for the currently selected
account (see below) are available in the Squeezebox navigation.

> - Access to "radio" features (curated playlists, algorithmic radio).

Mostly works. Genre and mood playlists are available as top-level
navigation items. Track radio available as a "more" item on per-track
navigation. Artist radio doesn't seem to be available.

> - Access to the whole catalog vs radio features only (Pandora vs Pandora
> Premium).

Full access to individual tracks and albums, can be played in any
order.

> - Support for multiple accounts (in the sense that Spotty allows access
> to each logged in user's personalized playlists).

Works differently than Spotty. Spotty combines all associated accounts
into a single "app" view. In the Tidal Squeezebox app a player is
associated with an account and that account is what is used for all
access in the app (favorites, personalization, etc.). The navigation on
player includes an item to allow you to select the account for the
player, and it can be changed at any time.

>  - Streaming service catalog integration with LMS 8.

Appears to be available, but I don't presently use this so I can't
adequately compare.

> - "Remote control" functionality, if applicable (Spotify Connect, Tidal
> Connect, etc.).

Tidal Connect is not available. I could use a phone and Spotify Connect
to choose what was playing on the Squeezebox. Here I have to use the
Squeezebox search, navigation, etc. Not fatal for my purposes, if
slightly less convenient.

> - Under active development?

No idea but seems to work?

Overall I'm pleased, this seems like a plausible replacement.