shacky73 wrote:
> Thanks again to all that tried to help me with this issue.  Seems
> finally resolved.
>
> I do have hard tim getting my arms around why the native file handling
> was a problem.  I thought the LMS just streamed basic file data to my
> Touch and Touch forwarded data to my DAC.
>
> Not an urgent need to know but I’d be curious to better understand.

I think bpa addressed that:

bpa wrote:
> Touch can play Apple Lossless (ALC) natively but some Apple Lossless
> files (e.g. high compression rates) cause problems.
>
> To check if this is the problem, try disabling "native" playback for
> Apple Lossless so that file is transcoded by LMS (WebUI
> Settings/Advanced/FileTypes )

I think he's saying that the Touch firmware may be too old to play some
recent Apple Lossless files that use higher compression than was common
when the Touch was in production. Having LMS transcode is a workaround.

I am no expert, so let's see if someone more knowledgeable corrects me.

Usually running latest beta LMS nightly on Raspberry Pi OS with virtual
players (Squeezelite and Airplay bridge). Occasionally using SB Radio,
Boom or Classic.