dmozell wrote:
> Maybe icecast shouldn't run on the same machine as LMS. I have icecast
> on one raspberry picking up sound from my turntable and CD player.
> Another raspberry with picore lms picks up the icecast stream and
> transports it to several raspberry squeezebox players in sync.
> Occassionally I have to restart the players but 95 % of the time it
> works great.

Just my two cents here, but I noticed you have a wireless network config
similar to mine, running Unifi antennas. One of the biggest thing that
helped in my case was to disable band steering which was systematically
causing sync dropouts when the access point was trying to push either
player into the 5ghz band.  Unless you've already figured out the root
cause, you should probably give that a shot.

LMS 7.9 - 1xRadio, 1xBoom, 5xDuet,3xTouch, 1 SB2. Sony PlayStation,
Emby, Chromecast v1 and v2 and...
6x*::SqueezeAmp::, several other ESP32-Wrover boards with jumper wires
flying around, some with ethernet*!