On 12/8/05, JJZolx <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Headphone jack on the back works great for cheapo powered speakers.
> Why do
> I want to see a bright green plug coming off the side of my sb3?  SB2
> has it
> on the side and I happen to, unfortunately, be using my SB2 in that
> configuration and it's an eyesore.
What bright green plug?  First time I've every heard anyone call a
headphone jack an eyesore.  If you don't leave your headphones plugged
into the device, I would think a rear headphone jack is very
inconvenient.  With the SB3, I suppose you just pick up the whole
device, turn it around, find the jack, plug in, then put the device
back.

It's not the jack itself -- it's what plugs into that's bright green.  Like I said, I have powered speakers with a 1/8" headphone jack -- the plug is bright neon green (that seems to be some sort of standard color for output) and it looks much better coming out the back, hidden.  I realize that *some* people actually use the headphone jack for headphones, but it just goes to show that you can't please everyone, all of the time. :-)

Ben