On 10/12/05, mattybain <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> 4. I found that after putting a large custom playlist I accidently
> pressed some keys in the search box (I think that is what it is for,
> Top left hand of the Library screen, it seems to do a search), I think
> as soon as you press return it deletes the playlist and comes up with
> something completely random. It has just replaced Aimee Mann with Aqua
> - very distressing.

Yes, I should probably remove that enter key option now we're dealing
with playlists a bit better.. When you press enter it does the same as
clicking the play button at the to right - ie, clears the playlist and
plays the 'most sensible' item, which is often not the most sensible
in reality..

> 8. As far as I can tell this just shows the state of the player i.e.
> Play / Stop / Pause, I can't get it to do anything.

It should toggle between play and paused when clicked, but with the
bitmap buttons, it makes little sense anymore really.. Actually, when
it says 'player off', if you click the left of the control - where the
'play' button would be - it'll turn on the player..

> - Current playing song on the library screen really screws up for large
> file names, does it really need to be there?

Yes, why did I enlarge this font.. Oops.. But, no, it doesnt really
need to be there, although it can provide useful information about
socket problems there..

> - I am having issues using Moose over a remote desktop in that it
> constantly refreshes and flickers. It is fine on the host computer but
> not when I access it remotely. Not a huge issue I just don't understand
> why.

Ah, probably the background cycling. I need to add options to turn this off..

> - Would it be possible to select multiple tracks in the tracklist and
> delete/move them on mass. This would be very useful.

Yup, on the list.. I need to implement some kind of CLI message queue
first.. This'll be good for other stuff too though..

> - The losing playlist thing is very annoying for me and one of the main
> limitations. I do not want to spend a signifcant length of time
> compiling and tweaking a playlist to lose it by accidently not pressing
> CTRL to add a file (and hence playing it and wiping the playlist). I
> think it would be great to either have an option so that clicking adds
> and CTRL plays and deletes or have a way of recovering your playlist
> (like media player). I know I could save at regular intervals but who
> really wants to do that.

Yes.. I'll make the enter key 'insert' rather than 'play'.. Hmm..
Actually, might make more sense having an option - play, append,
insert, do nothing.. Yeah, I'll do that I think..

> - Are there any plans to have internet radio linked for anywhere, I
> could really do with accessing LastFM from somewhere on Moose.

Yes, it would make sense.. Maybe radio stations should appear in the
load playlist window, at least initially..

--
- Dr Lovegrove
http://www.rusticrhino.com/drlovegrove