0xdeadbeef Wrote:
> Or it could be fixed in the slimserver software...
>
> Indeed there's not much sense in having a language setup and then
> ignoring it for some parts of the software...

In this case I think SS is doing the right thing - you can't infer the
locale settings from the current SlimServer "text translation" setting.
As an example, most of us will probably select "English", but those of
us in the UK wouldn't want that to map to a locale that generated
US-format dates.

It would be possible to move the "text translation" SS setting to be a
more generic "locale" setting (possibly with a setting to say "take it
from the environment"), but I would consider that in enhancement
territory rather than a bug.

--
hickinbottoms

---