Oh yes, you're right.

I guess what I meant was that *if* a receiver has
multichannel external analog ins, if it's a
5.1/6.1 receiver, it won't have 8-channel ins.  :-)

But yes, not all receivers have multichannel
external analog ins.  A lot do, but not all.

Aaron Zinck wrote:
>>Note that all 5.1- and 6.1-receivers have
>>6-channel external inputs by definition.
>

> If you're talking about 5.1 and 6.1 external
*analog* inputs, then this is
> not actually entirely true.  While it's now quite
uncommon to find receivers
> without full multi-channel analog inputs, this
hasn't always been the case
> with budget receivers.  For instance, I had a
Kenwood VR-307 at one point
> which didn't have 5.1 external inputs.  So if you're
looking to do this, be
> sure you get one with multi-channel external inputs.

  Mark Lanctot