Thanks tons for your message -- i'm thrilled by what i've read for the
iTunes Update plug in.  It sounds perfect.

i'm trying to get it working in direct update mode, but it says I can't
run SS as a service.  I know how to turn the service off in Windows, but
how do i run SS not as a service?  I believe if i choose "start SS" from
the SS tray application or from the Programs list in the Start menu it
will start it as a service.  Is that right?

I also tried running Slim application in program
files\slimserver\server.  it brings up a DOS window and displays some
messages, but it doesn't appear that SS is running (my browser can't
connect to it).

Anxiously awaiting some help -- i'm really excited by this plugin!

--
eschurr