Michael,

Thanks for testing that file.

The Id3 tag is odd because I edited it in order to test the liability
to crash. However, I am not sure why track no 255 is there because I
wanted no track information at all in that field? As to the BPM I have
entered this last week according to Mixmeister a DJ programme. You can
rule this out of the investigation because I only got this programme
since the new PC settings and therefore it did not take part in this
issue.

As this file does not crash on your system but does on mine, I think
the next step is a more general poll to see who is having problems with
special characters. For now, I am re-naming most files, and making some
offline to come back to later.

Alex

--
ajmitchell