On 18/01/06, Philip Meyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> A nice way of doing this that I like in other applications is to make the
> single-click and double-click on the tray icon configurable.  Have a pop-up
> menu via right-click, but the user can set the default action for
> single-click and double-click from the list of possible menu options (the
> default single-click option would be displayed in bold on the right-click
> menu).

Last night I had a play with the whole single/doubleclick stuff.. Seems the
standard MS NotifyIcon stuff doesnt distinguish between single and
double clicks properly.. When I double-click I get two single-clicks and a
double-click.. So.. The music pauses / unpauses before displaying the
window.. Might have to do a bit of work here..

But, yeah, like the idea of it being configurable.. There are
middle-button clicks
to play with too, so it could do all sorts of stuff..

> Would it be possibe to see the currently playing track details as hover text
> on the icon too?

As Kyle said, should be doing this already ? Let me know if there's a problem..
It's only a standard tooltip at the moment, nothing too fancy. There's
a limit of
64 characters too, so if you've got long song titles, it may chop the
artist off..

--
- Dr Lovegrove
http://www.rusticrhino.com/drlovegrove