kdf Wrote:
> Quoting jonheal <jonheal.21vwcn (AT) no-mx (DOT)
> forums.slimdevices.com>:
>

> > kdf Wrote:

> >> and
> >> similar
> >> >
> >> nothing at all, or does it at least do a quick bump animation?
> >> -k
> >
> > Quick bump animation. I think the server knows there are additional
> > items to browse as it is rendering the little arrow to the right of
> the
> > text. Do you think this has something to do with me having blank
> > "Artist" tags for most of my classical files?
>
> I can't say for sure.  The code doesn't show anything abvious that
> would link to this case.  There is a selection item that tracks the
> artisst, but this is to keep the first item displayed in the list as
> the original track. The find seems to be only using the matching
> artist/year/genre that you are trying to navigate.  Perhaps the
> contributor isnt being combined when doing the find for matching
> artists.
>
> -kdf
I'll experiment tonight. First, I'll check four or five "pop"
selections to make sure that I can, indeed, "browse into" their tag
info. Then, I'll check four or five classical selections to confirm
that I CANNONT browse into their tag info.

Then, I'll add the Artist tag to a few of the classical selections,
clear and rescan, and then see if I can, at that point, browse into
their tag info.

I'll report the results later tonight.

--
jonheal