Understandable.  Foobar isn;t the most intuitive program I've ever used, but I recommend it highly anyway for its flexability in batch transcoding FLAC to MP3.  Once you've got the list of files you want to transcode selected, right mouse click on them and select "convert".  You'll find the configuration options for this under "diskwriter" in the Foobar preferences dialog.  You can also reach these settings via the same right mouse click described above.  Stare at the options for a while and you'll probably figure it out.  Search the SlimDevices forums for more help.

Larry