>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 02/05/06 12:21 PM >>>
> Yeah I'm not interested in a video solution from Slim just yet; I
> like the fact that their speciality is an audio device.

I pretty much agree.  I like having an audio only device
in some locations.

> That said, if they ever do get around to getting into that market
> I'm sure their solution would be the best.  That said...I'm just
> weary of it all - I've had a Hauppauge Media MVP for just that
> since its release (I use it with Beyond TV) and while it's open
> source and *SUPER AFFORDABLE* (less than $100 USD) support
> for it has been slow going and sloppy as hell.  I don't see
> something from Slim being much more successful in that relation.

Actually, my experience is quite the opposite.  If you're
already running slimserver, download a copy of mvpmc.  The
guys on that project have a mediamvp running as a squeeze
box.  I'm running it - it's quite cool.  Now I need to hack my
mediamvp to have a vfd and it will be kickin'