Is the use of those files documented somewhere? I have looked for
documentation for the slimserver software.  The slimdevices web site
refers me to the "help" section of the slimserver web interface.  I
can't find anything in there.  The only other documentation I can find
is the Installation.txt file, which doesn't mention any config files
other than slimserver.conf.

I tried creating those files and placing them in /usr/local/slimserver
where I have slimserver installed, but they do not supercede the
convert.conf and types.conf entries.  When I bring up Server
Settings->File Types, it still lists mov123 as the decoder for Apple
AAC.

Have I placed those files in the wrong directory?  Should they live in
~slim instead?

--
John Stimson