* lkypeter shaped the electrons to say...

Tried renaming the files to english name and it did not work either.
However, I went in to the properties of the file and change the title
from chinese to english and it worked. However, this would also mean
that I would lose my ID3 Tag.

I do hope that slimdevices would start putting together a Chinese
language support for the slimserver as well as the squeeze box.

I am not going to change my mp3 files as I would lose info.

Can you please send one of the files with Chinese ID3 tags to dan | at |
slimdevices.com ?

This should work - we have a bunch of test files that do.

The thing that may not work is if the files have an old version of the ID3
tag that is craming Big5 or similar encoding into what is only an ISO-8859-1
space. Our Unicode code tries to guess, but it can only guess so well with
overlapping character sets unless the encoding is explicitly specified as in
ID3v2.4

-D
--
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.