bonkabonka wrote:
I'm contemplating getting a Netgear FS108P switch which has 4 power over
ethernet ports.  I'm curious, however, as to whether or not I can use
the powered ports to drive my Squeezeboxen.  I've got an original
Squeezebox and a Squeezebox 2 for what it's worth.  I seem to recall
reading somewhere (perhaps in the original documentation that I can't
lay my hands on at the moment) that it was possible but Googling and
forum searching didn't reveal anything.

None of the Squeezeboxen supports PoE.
Accoding to Netgear website the FS108P supplies PoE according to 802.3af
(48VDC) and
has auto-sensing for it, so you'd have to have some 802.3af compliant
end-device to
recieve the power and then convert it to something the SB can handle, which is
like 5V/2A

rgds
/andreas