Hi,

In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
           Pale Blue Ego<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> What software do you use to get the DTS files from DVD?  DVD Decrypter?
> I know it can demux to ac3 files, haven't tried with a DTS DVD.

SmartRipper. There's a thread in the ripping forum with full instructions on
getting both DD5.1 and DTS soundtracks off a DVD into a format playable by
the SqueezeBox.

> For SACD, you'd need a soundcard that can digitize 6 analog streams,
> then something to encode to DTS (probably SurCode DVD-DTS).

Will the encoder that comes with Nero be sufficient?

> I'm ripping DTS CDs using EAC --> WAV.  Encode to FLAC, and they play
> prfectly through the SB3.  Of course you have to have it hooked to a
> DTS decoder, and must disable the digital volume control (or leave it
> on 40).

So it's just a straight rip as if it's a normal CD? I think I tried that
with a Pink Floyd DTS CD I've got, but it didn't work.

I know about all the requirements about a DTS decoder and volume control
(they also apply to the DTS soundtracks from a DVD).

How about ripping music from DVD Audio?

Thanks

Andy