>Would it be possible to consider .dts as a separate filetype, then have
>an option to enable or disable DTS playback for each player?  That would
>seem to be the most elegant solution.

I have the same problem, but this solution wouldn't completely work for me.

My SB2 in the lounge is connected via both analog output to the HiFi and
digital output to a surround sound amp (normally used for the TV).  I mainly
play stereo music through the HiFi.

But occassionally I play DTS music.  When I do this, I ensure that I have
switched off the HiFi because I get the white-noise through the analog outputs.
 However, occasionally the SB will decide to play a DTS track when I am not
expecting it.

I too have set up a genre to indicate music that should only be played through
the digital-out (so I can quickly find the music).  But I also have other
genres for those music files.

Eg. I have a Pink Floyd surround sound album, which had a "progressive rock"
genre, and I added a "Digital" genre.

So if I have a random mix for "Progressive Rock", it may decide to play this
music, even though I have deselected "Digital" from the mix (because random mix
includes if any genre matches).

Enabling/disabling playback for each player would solve the issue for my
bedroom SB, but not for the lounge use, where I use both outputs.

Phil