slimdemage Wrote:
> Have your house CAT5'd, and prepare to use the device wired. Trying to
> make it work via wireless might drive you insane. If you are gluten for
> punishment and you must use it wireless, take a look at the published
> list of squeezebox-tested wireless routers.
>
> Be ready to test the unit carefully, submit bug reports, try beta
> versions of firmware and server. Researching issues about the
> Squeezebox ahead of time might improve your experience. If the wireless
> device in the squeezebox fails or acts weird, be prepared to return the
> unit to Slim Devices for a full refund or repair.
>
> Prepare a nice spot for the Squeezebox where you will be able to read
> the display, and place the unit away from sources of interference, such
> as 2.4GHz cordless phones. Have a good surge protector ready for the
> Squeezebox power adaptor.

Although some valid points are raised, there is just a heavy tinge of
pessimism in this post...
Sure, some people do experience these problems - you don't have to
search too hard on the forums to find them, but there are easily 100's
(if not 1000's?) to each one of these that just "plug'n'play". I was
one of these, both with my old SB1G & the new SB3 (all wireless, may I
add)....

In answer to the OP Q's:
Check out the "plugins" section of the website to see if what you are
looking for is there.
Plugin installation is usually no more painful than downloading the
plugin (.pm file, I think) and plonking it in your plugins directory. A
reboot of the server usually brings the plugin to the attention of the
slimserver.

--
DrNic