Thanks, that works better. May be best to keep the lowest common
denominators in mind on this, as people are quite likely to be using
this in older or embedded applications that are not always cutting
edge. Compile time options to build to fully static in the makefiles
would also be nice.

> - clicking when changing tracks (on windows)

I think I am getting this on Linux (server: FC4 6.2.2 /
slimserver-2006_01_10-1 / client DamnSmall Linux 0.91) as well. Sort
of sounds like the buzzer in a basketball game when changing tracks.
It plays correctly after that. It sounds like it is playing some of
the mp3 header before it gets to the music frames.

*forward or back*; *1/2 second blap* ; *1/2 second silence* ; Song
plays perfectly.

It only seems to happen if I manually forward the track, if it goes on
its own I'm not getting it.

> - the volume control on linux has not been tested, comments please.
Works grand for me.

Thanks,

-Chris