Quoting superbad <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

I'm using iTunes to manage my library, but I don't want to use it for
podcasts (because I don't launch iTunes often enough to update the
podcasts with sufficient frequency). I've entered a bunch of podcasts
in the plugins section on Slimserver, but the Podacsts menu item
remains empty. When I had podcasts subscribed in iTunes (since
deleted), they did show up in Slimserver. Ideas?

different kind of content, different UI.

You are recalling the iTunes podcast menu item. If you add podcasts in the plugins section, those are only available via the Podcast Browser in the plugins menu. There is no web interface for that feature at this time.

If you go into player settings->menus, then you have the option of making the Podcast Browser a top level menu item for easy access.

-kdf