I've just had 'fun' extracting tracks from various concert DVDs.

I use DVD Decrypter in IFO mode (in the Options - IFO mode tab) set the
file splitting to By Chapter. Back on the main interface, in IFO mode,
tick the Stream processing options and only tick the PCM stream. Click
on the pcm stream and select the demux option.

When you decrypt you get one wav per chapter on the dvd.

Then use flac with plenty of -t options to flac them with the right
meta data. I wrote a .bat file that I can post a sample of if you need
it.

I also have bought Tag And Rename to fix any resulting mess.

Good guides here:
http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?postid=267286
http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/dvddec.htm

I find my sb2 plays 48khz flac at the right speed but my sb1 doesn't.

cheers

--
gvh