I also built a pc based on recommendations from
http://www.silentpcreview.com/index.php.  I used a Antec Sonata case
http://www.silentpcreview.com/article60-page1.html based on there review and
have been quite happy with it.  The dives are mounted on rubber grommets and it
uses large slow moving fans for airflow.  The noisiest component is the video
card fan.  I've looked at the passive heat pipe designs but haven't spent the
time on it yet.  The case retails for about $100 US.

Pat