Kevin O. Lepard Wrote:
> Well, I'm certainly interested in this, but it sure would look like a
> loss of focus to branch out into home automation.

True.  However there's nothing in the company's name that would
preclude them from doing so, and there's another line in the article:

> Today the 25-year-old Adams has sold some 10,000 MP3 players and has a
> new line of networked consumer devices in the works.

The article is dated 08/09/2004.  The Squeezebox2 was released April
2005.  It could be that that's what they are alluding to, but the
wording is "a new line of networked consumer devices" not "a new audio
player".

No wonder why the Slim guys keep quiet about future products.  We (or
at least me) will dissect the smallest crumb of info.  ;-)

But I agree that yes, compared to Roku, they could make a whole variety
of different audio products based on the Squeezebox.  Sean has said that
focusing on one product keeps inventory and technical support costs low.
There's definitely something to be said for that.  However all evidence
points to skyrocketing SB3 sales and the company seems to be hiring like
crazy.  There's probably enough room for new products now.

--
Mark Lanctot