jonheal Wrote:
> Just to humor you, Radish, I got a Q-tip and cleaned around the button
> with alcohol. It's not dirt.
>
> Kyle, take a close look at your own remote. Move it around in the light
> so you can see it from different angles. If yours doesn't show similar
> damage, I'll eat my sweatsocks!
My remotes have no such "damage".  On the other hand, you should see my
work and home computer keyboards...

When new, the keys have a textured, matte finish.  After about a year,
the home row, space bar, and arrow keys are worn shiny smooth and the
lettering has begun to wear off of some of the keys.  This, and what
you're seeing with your Squeezebox remote are simply natural wear that
is an inevitable result of handling and the natural acids that are
present on our skin.

--
JJZolx

Jim