* tfish77 shaped the electrons to say...

i'm on the same boat, tried a million executable + config combinations .
. . i vote for removing the wiki and conf entries until there is at
least basic support for shorten -- "Shorten support is available for
the Windows version of slimserver" is misleading. this was a selling
point for me.

Yeah, I'm also in the same leaky boat.  I love the living crap out of
my SB3, but damn I wish it could play SHN.  It's bad enough that the
music library scan finds the SHN files then won't play them - what a
tease!

The Shorten format doesn't allow us to stream the music on Windows. Because
it's closed source, we can't fix this. I believe I've removed the references
to it working on Windows.

The best I can suggest is to use Foobar2000 to convert the files to FLAC.

You'll then have fantastic metadata support available then.

-D
--
"A good messenger expects to get shot." --Larry Wall