Was running SB2 with Linksys WAG54G ADSL wireless modem/router.  Worked
OK when connected but sometimes erratic getting that connection. Router
is in upstairs front bedroom (wired connection to server) and SB2
downstairs back living room. Only about 6 feet away horizontally and
one floor below but in a corner (brick walls/hi-fi/TV/speakers etc)
which I think made reception poor.

The Linksys went down on its cabled ports on Weds and I bought a
Netgear DG834PN - MIMO/108Mbs model - figuring MIMO would give the
additional signal strength over the range. Came with a Netgear WPN 511
card which works fine (and very fast) in the laptop.

However, the SB2 will not connect with the DG834PN. Tried everything
suggested in forums and more. _Have_ had the occasional connection with
all security modes turned off but whenever the connection is lost I
can't get it back and couldn't run an open network anyway.

Tech support has been assisting but don't actually have a DG834PN
available to test at the moment and we haven't yet found a solution.

Linksys is under warranty and going back for exchange for a current
WAG354G but will take a couple of weeks and can't manage with nothing
in that time. I could just put the SB away for now and try again with
the WAG354G (if it will connect!)

What are the best recommended UK ADSL modem wireless routers that have
proven rock solid with the SB2?  I might be able to pick one up cheap
on eBay or trade the new WAG354G when it turns up for something proven.

--
goldnet