> stinkingpig Wrote:
>> >[color=blue]
>> browse music folder is a lot slower than the other methods. Also,
>> which
>> skin are you using? If you specify Light or Handheld and Browse New
>> Music,
>> does that perform well? Is the browser on localhost, or on another
>> machine?
>>

> Hi, I was using fishbone. I tried Light and that's a lot better (but I
> don't like it!).
>
> The browser's on another machine - I've tried a few different PCs
> around the house and they're all the same.
>
> So why is the fishbone skin so much slower?
>
> Jon.

because it's got lots of cool features? From a cursory glance at the
source, it's full of javascript and tables. The 6.5 rewrite is taking
everything to CSS, which is supposed to be faster (but will require a
modern browser).

I've bounced back and forth between Fishbone for stability and ExBrowse3
for speed. I don't like the default layout. Anyway, they're all worth
checking out. Moser for instance should be very fast.

--
Jack Coates At Monkeynoodle Dot Org: It's A Scientific Venture!
"I spent all me tin with the ladies drinking gin, so across the Western