Found the answer!

I'm surprised that the default .ir file doesn't have the discrete codes
included - I can't imagine many people not using a system remote with
the Squeezebox.

While it is fantastic out of the box and I'm really enjoying tweaking
it, it isn't a product for the faint hearted. I can't imagine many of
my non-computer literate friends being able to cope with even adding
the BBC plug-in. Even the tech guys at my local home cinema installers
would struggle.

In the last couple of days I've "sold" this to three people - I guess
I'm going to have to be doing the setting up for them!

Tim

--
timmorris