>> Only an issue for Microsoft filesystems.
>>

> Correction: only an issue for certain filesystems, and even then only
> when they are heavily written/rewritten. Not the case the OP described.

Isn't NTFS their latest and greatest? Certainly gets badly fragged in my
experience. Anyway, I certainly agree with the spirit of your comment and
should have said similar, which is that you gotta use the filesystem in
order to produce fragmentation. A read-only store won't have the problem.

--
Jack Coates At Monkeynoodle Dot Org: It's A Scientific Venture!
"I spent all me tin with the ladies drinking gin, so across the Western