I wish I knew how to fine streams for radio stations that are not on
shoutcast now.  Such as Radio24 and Radio Z from Zurich.
I can get them playing from their website.  Is there a way to find the
stream that way?

Theoretically the two playlist links they publish should work (can't test from at work):

http://www.radio24.ch/webradio/stream_hi.asx (128kb)
http://www.energyzueri.ch/energy.asx

Pretty often radios only expose a browser window with an integrated media player. You'd then have to open the page's source code and search for anything like ".asx". In the case of DRS3 you'll find http://asx.skypro.tv/asx/radio-drs/DRS3.asx embedded into the html code.

--

Michael