kewe65 Wrote:

> I said upfront that based on *my* particular use.  So what if you want
> to use it one particular way or another.  Actually, you are criticizing
> a use supported by SB3 - through the browser and handhelds.  So what if
> you don't want to use a laptop or handheld - some SB3 customers do,
> hence the support.

Very few use remote desktops to control a server.

A web browser is not the same as a remote desktop and you know that.

You can not control the Linksys from a web browser.  You can't run VNC
on a PSP or Nokia770.

> Im exhausted saying the same thing over and over:  "the attraction to
> SB3 is its opensource software", but apparently discussing where it
> could expand is not acceptable on this forum.   you and mr. snarly
> really are trying to redefine "opensource" by shooing away any
> suggestions.

And you're definining "opensource" as "Please make this conform to my
needs, even if it's not yours.  You owe me."  My interest in writing
device drivers for Windows is less than zero.  My interest in dragging
around a laptop in order to control my music is less than zero.

That's not what Open Source is.

Hint: "Show me the code."

The attraction to the Squeezebox is, for me: great sound quality, no
need for a PC (including laptops, since for you a laptop isn't a PC) to
be in my listening areas, centralized music storage (so I have access to
the same library in the living room, bedroom, office and work), and it
needs to run on Linux: I will never trust Windows for a server.

If you're exhausted, then, please, go to the Linksys forums and tell
them about all the stuff in the Linksys you don't like and demand that
they shape it the way you want it.

--
snarlydwarf