slimpy Wrote:
> There already is a buffer. However I fail to see how it should keep
> everything in sync. The buffer makes sure the player does not run out
> of data but it does not guarantee synced timing of the data actually
> being played.
>
> Does it stop when fast forwarding across track boundaries or when you
> used fast forward within a track and then resume normal playback before
> the track ends?
> If it's the latter it might be a bug. Otherwise it could be related to
> 1)
>
> -s.
far be it from me to suggest how these things should work, but surely
if there is a sufficient buffer then the player could look ahead into
the buffer to bypass the gap.

more importantly, the fast forward problem occurs if I fast forward
during through a track and then resume normal playback before the end
of the track. Then when normal playback gets to the end of the track
the whole thing just stops. I haven't tried fast forwarding across
track boundaries yet.

--
rbl