Recently moved to a new office location and determined that my cube
(SlimServer running on Windows XP driving a SB3 off a 5 port switch in
my cube) was causing one of our VPN servers running Windows Firewall to
peg the CPU after a half hour or so.  End result is slowing our T1s down
to dial up speed once the CPU on this box gets pegged.  Google research
shows that under certain circumstances, this is a result of the Windows
Firewall seeing what looks like a DoS on the network.  Eliminated a
worm/virus as a root cause, but still looking for ideas to research.

Does the polling function (or plugins? - running XM Radio &
SuperDateTime) on slimserver (looking for new squeezeboxes) generate
traffic that coudl be percieved as some kind of internal network
attack?

Any other thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.

--
twylie