Now that I have rid myself of CDs by flac-ing my collection, I need some
portable solution, for the car and when traveling. Maybe a big iPod with
the RockBox replacement firmware to play my flacs, but probably a
smaller solid state player like a Nano, converting my flacs to MP3 when
I'm on the go.

I know there is the flac to MP3 script, which will do it by directory,
but what I want is to do it by playlist.

Make some playlists in SlimServer, like "Highway" "Ski" "Podcasts",
whatever. Then point something at these playlists and have them
converted to a folder of MP3s.

Any way to do this with combinations of existing plugins, or modifying
that Perl script? I am not a programmer.

--
bephillips