I don't think its a silly idea - I think playlist handling definitely
needs to be cleaned up. I have playlists with 1000s of songs in them.
Scans obviously take a long time, although I can somewhat live with
that.

But playlist handling seems to be inconsistent. I can pick a large
playlist from "Browse playlist" and it starts playing in 10-20 seconds
- not great, but not terrible.

But if I tie it to a favorite button and select it that way, its 20-30
minutes before it starts, and the server is pegged on 100% CPU for the
whole time.

I submitted a bug on this, but it seems to be in the great bucket for
6.5 or later.

--
EricBergan