KristVB Wrote:
> I used to run slimserver on a Linux box, with the music stored on a NAS
> device. That Linux box just died on me so I moved to server to my new
> Intel iMac.

KristVB, bar the NAS device this is almost identical to my current
situation. My Linux box has finally died and I am about to embark down
the Intel iMac route. I would be interested to find out whether you
manage to troubleshoot this via Kevin's Rosetta suggestion.

I was hoping that dual core would be better suited to running server
applications in the background while doing other things in the
foreground as I am planning to only have one home computer.

--
kefa

Fedora Core 5, Slimserver 6.2.2, Netgear  DG834GT
Squeezebox 3, Primare SPA20, Monitor Audio GR20
Squeezebox 2, Denon UD-M30, Monitor Audio PMC703