Siduhe schrieb:

> No-one is quite sure if it's a tag issue or a bug - it doesn't appear
> to affect all albums, and seems to mainly affect albums with multiple
> artists ? My theory remains that it is something to do with the
> different way that Slimserver reads tags in 6.3.0. but I haven't been
> able to reproduce it on demand.

My experience with the new code:

1. It depends on the order in which Slimserver reads the files. That
depends on how the files are named.

2. Problems occur when you have songs of multiple compilation albums in
one folder. But it might work if the filenames start with the album name.
(It should work if all songs of one album are read in sequence.)

3. Problem is solved when setting compilation tag on the affected files
and doing a full rescan.

4. It does not occur with only one album per folder. (every track number
occurs only once, album name is exactly the same for all files)
Compilation albums are then automatically detected.

5. A completely different problem with similar symptoms might occur of
you have the LazySearch plugin installed and do "Look for new and
changed music". Maybe a server upgrade also does this.

Hope that helps.

Hanno.