Siduhe Wrote:

> This is a known issue, but it isn't yet clear whether it is a bug or
> something to do with a slightly revised way that Slimserver reads tags.

I'm sorry, but this IS A BUG.  It did not exist in previous versions.
It's ruining my experience with this product -- It will no doubt ruin
the experience of other users (especially new users).

I have a huge music library of solely FLAC files and many, many
compilation albums.  My system runs on Gentoo Linux

It is LUDICROUS to ask me to go into some editor and resave tags.  The
tags are fine.  THE CODE IS BROKEN, not the Tags.  All I did was take a
fully functioning 6.2.2 release and install 6.3.0.  Developers MUST fix
it, NOT put the burden on users.

If you folks changed the way the system handles tags, then either write
a compatibility layer that bridges any changes in logic, or write a
converter that fixes tags to what Slimserver needs to see.

As a former VP of Development and CTO at many firms, I would never
tolerate a situation like this -- nor a release of software that breaks
basic functionality.  Where is the regression testing?

A word to SlimDevices:  It's great that you've enjoyed success to date
with your products, but start facilitating BS like this 6.3.0 release
and watch your customer base rapidly shrink towards zero.

*Bradley

--
Bradley