I thought the target for TV's on standby was now <1watt.  I know squeezebox isn't a huge power consumer but it's still too  much - moving from a situation where i have a CD player in each room that consumes nothing when i'm not using it to a squeezebox in each room (say 4? 5? of them) i'm upping my constant power consumption by 25w.  That may be small but it's significant.

If you've a 10 watt nightlight it's hugely inefficient.  A 10 watt compact fluorescent bulb is enough to light a small room.