Quoting gdg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Hi K,
While I waiting for  a reply I experimented a bit and found the plugin
folder for Slimserver. The file was sent to me as an attachment (File
Type: txt       PlaylistMan.pm.txt)
I sent it to my desktop and then copied and pasted it into the Pluggin
folder. It had a slightly different appearance than the other plugin
text files. Will this work?

as PlaylistMan.pm.txt, it will not work.
filename must be PlaylistMan.pm.

the .pm extension indicates the the file is a Perl Module, and this is what the server looks for when loading plugins.

In regard to the different appearance, without elaboration on that, I can't really answer that. If you restart the server after naming the file properly, it should appear in the server settings->plugins. If not, then something has gone wrong, which might be related to what is causing you to see a slightly different appearance.

for more info about plugins, see here:
http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.cgi?SlimServerPlugins

-kdf