Malor Wrote:
> It amazes and distresses me that this is a known problem, has been for
> at least five days, and yet the default download for new customers
> remains unchanged.  It's obviously fixed, so why on EARTH is the old
> broken one still up?
Because that's not how software release cycles work. It is against
every best practise out there to make one "tiny, inconsequential fix"
to a release version and push it out bypassing the proper testing
procedure, because the likleyhood that your tiny fix broke something
else is very high. All released versions of all software packages from
all manufacturers contain known bugs. Those known bugs are often fixed
internally for some time before release. It's how these things work.

--
radish