You know, for about a year after I RIPped all my dance music to a hard
disk, I still took the albums along in their books. They weigh a ton,
but I found that the way I had grouped my music in the album books and
the visual look of the album would remind me of an appropriate song to
go next.

Then I'd play it off the hard disk.

Odd but true. Gives you an insight that how you pick the music you want
to hear is a lot more subtle than you think, and just saying it isn't
going to cut it much of the time.

[edit] this may also give us some insight into why so many people
experience the "looking for music" problem in so many different ways,
and why the web interface works for some and not others, why some
prefer "browse music folder" to "browse by artist", etc.

--
Michaelwagner