CouchPotatoe Wrote:
> Some help posts to the lists also either go
> ignored or solicit quite unpleasant responses. I know in an open
> project
> environment this is very difficult to manage but in the end the
> customer
> 'feels' this as reflective on Slims' attitudes.

Wow, this is the first I have heard of this.  It's usually the
opposite.  I've never seen a politely-answered question get answered
with an "unpleasant" response.  In fact I have seen some rudely-worded
questions answered with remarkable patience and civility, when the
poster should have been blasted for berating the very people from whom
they were requesting help.

Referring the poster to a wiki entry in a single line response may seem
curt, but there's only so many times you can answer the "how do I update
my firmware" question.

Just because a post goes unanswered doesn't mean people are ignoring
it, it means:

1.  The question is asked 3X per week and could be answered in 15
seconds through the use of the "search" function.

2.  The poster provides too little information.  "My SB3 stopped
working, please help!"  If someone doesn't respond with a question on
SS version, OS, server hardware, etc. it's impossible to address.

3.  The poster has a fiendishly difficult problem and no one has any
suggestions.

BTW only a few forum posters are Slim employees.

--
Mark Lanctot