obstreperousness wrote:

Think of it this way: I want to use the SB3 as my sound card. The
question is, is it possible?

As others have said, you'll have to use a streaming server, which will introduce delays; sounds will go from the app the makes them, to the windows sound driver, to the streaming server, to the slimserver, over the network to the squeezebox.

In the end, I highly doubt you'll be happy with this setup. At a fundamental level, you're putting a square peg in a round hole. The squeezebox was designed to be a remote music player, away from your computer, not a component of your computer in the same room.

- Marc